Friday, June 3, 2011

Welcome Baby Krew!

We are excited to announce our 3RD baby boy...Krew Louis Braithwaite. Weighing in at a whopping 11lbs, 15oz and 21 inches long (although his length is up for debate because he looks MUCH longer).

Mr. Krew (or Krewbie as Max calls him) was born on April 14th, 2011. His due date was April 7th and since my lovely Doctor wouldn't induce me before 41 weeks, he came out at 41 weeks by induction. My children are SO stubborn and will NEVER come out on their own...it's CRAZY!!!

His labor went well. We went into the hospital @ 5:30am and they started the pitocin around 7:00am. I was still dilated to a 3 (had been for weeks) and he was really high.

I got my epidural around 10:30am and then my water broke around 11:15am. I slept/relaxed for a few hours and then he came out after a few pushes at 2:14pm. When he came out and they put him on my stomach, the first thing I thought was that he looked just like Max when he was born. Then, they took him away, got him to start breathing and then put him on the scale. He looked big, so I was expecting around a 10lb baby. When the nurses put him on the scale and said that he weighed 11lbs, 15oz, I was SHOCKED!!! I couldn't believe that he was that big and that he just came out of me! I was just so grateful to have him out and to have him out safely!

After 41 weeks of pregnancy, I was so happy to not be pregnant anymore and to hold my sweet baby in my arms! Here are some pictures that were taken the next day in the hospital before we left. So sweet (besides my scary face)!



3 comments:

Jon and Joselyne Kendall said...

You look great! You're a trooper. Mr. Krew is adorable. Good job guys!

Daisha said...

congratulations. He looks so much like your other boys.

Allie said...

congratulations! Krew is adorable, as is your whole family! I didn't know you were in Texas! We have been in Dallas for the last 2 years but are moving next week! Sad... Enjoy those sweet boys!

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles