Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All About Darrin

Since I am the worst about scrapbooking and baby books, I've decided to create posts that are "All About Darrin & Max". That way they will know a little bit about their childhood (hopefully). Here it goes:

All About Darrin

Age: 2 1/2 years old
Nickname(s): Mister, Boo Boos, June Box #1 (don't ask where all of these came from)

Favorite Foods: Chex Mix, Carrots, Fruit Snacks, Salad, Chocolate Milk, did I mention Chex Mix? I swear, he could eat a whole bag in one day...it's crazy!
Favorite Shows: Finding Nemo, Cars, Doodlebops, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse & Choo Choo Soul (he sings the whole song)

Favorite Books: We're going on a Bear Hunt, Good Boy Fergus, His Nemo Book
Funny Sayings: "Unga", meaning...who knows? (all of his cousins love this one!), "Da Goon" meaning...Harley, kennel! (the funny thing is, Harley knows exactly what he's saying), "Hi" meaning...yes (he says Hi to say hello and also says a form of it as yes. Somebody told us that's how it's said in Japanese; go figure)"Duck Bread" this is what he calls all of our bread now because sometimes we will feed it to the ducks.

Things He Loves to Do: Feed the ducks, play sports (especially baseball, golf & basketball), blow bubbles, color, help me do anything I'm doing (laundry, cooking, cleaning), throw toys away from Max, ride his bike (which he nows know how to pedal), swim (once we force him into his little floatie thing, he loves it), going to nursery.
Personality: Darrin is a very laid-back kid. He is quiet and reserved and not very adventurous. He doesn't like to try new things or be in big groups of people. He is a great with his little brother (most of the time) and is starting to enjoy helping me with chores around the house. He is a joy to have around the house and makes me smile with his cute sayings and expressions. He is so excited about life right now and it is so fun to see him learn and explore all of the things he can do. He has been a little slow with his speech but is starting to expand his vocabulary and is trying really hard to communicate and put sentences together. It is so fun to hear what he comes up with!
Cute Pics:

Playing baseball in the neighbor girl's princess shoes! He has a fetish and I just had to take a picture so I have some blackmail as he gets older (Troy isn't a big fan!)

Showing off his new golf clubs from his Great Grandma Elkington...thanks Grandma, he loves them!

2 comments:

The Shane Gang said...

I love this post! I absolutely LOVE the princess shoes. Matt too would hate that and I think he would delete it, but it will be a great picture to show his dates later on! I'm also really curious how June Box #1 came about? that is the most random nickname I've ever heard, but then again you're married to Troy! Love ya!

bloggingchristy said...

What a cute boy!! I will never forget Unga as long as I live (I don't think my kids will either).

My kids had so much fun with Darrin I'm glad they got along so good this trip.

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles