Saturday, September 13, 2008

July 2008


So, I know I'm still updating the summer (which was a couple of months ago); but hey, I seem to live a couple of months behind. Time just gets away from me!

Hanging out in the pool


July was very eventful this year. First, for the 4th of July my parents and Kaylee came down and we swam, did a few fireworks (which Max slept through and Darrin ran when they went off) and then even made it to the City of St. George show. We were very impressed - they even had background patriotic music. It definitely made me feel proud to be an American!!!


The Fireworks Crew (notice Darrin's terrified look)


A couple of weeks later, for the 24th, my parents, Christy & Greg, Cody, Kaylee and Jessica all came down so we could party at Lake Powell. I was so excited because it is my favorite vacation and I haven't been able to go for YEARS!!! So, everyone headed over on Monday and Troy and I were going to head over there on Wednesday night. Well, Kaylee called me at like 9:00pm on Monday night and said "Brooke, I just wanted to let you know that the houseboat caught on fire." I was shocked and didn't believe her at first. Then she told me what happened and I couldn't believe it...you mean, OUR houseboat caught on fire? It was crazy!



We don't really know what happened exactly, just that it happened pretty soon after they got on the boat, and luckliy, hadn't left the slip yet. Later that night as I was thinking about it, I realized how disastrous it could have been and was just SO grateful that nobody was hurt. I concluded that for some reason, we weren't supposed to be at Lake Powell that week, for whatever reason and was just so thankful that everything turned out okay.



So, instead of partying at Lake Powell, we were able to hang out at my parent's house and swim away the heat. The guys did a lot of golfing and the girls were able to just hang out and we even got pedicures (thanks mom!). All in all, it was a blast just to be able to hang out with my great family. I love them all so much and wish we could do it more often!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by Grumpy Cow Graphics | Distributed by Deluxe Templates | Blogger Styles